PDA

View Full Version : BMW 325i 91-92 with DME 403 Tuned Chips

carlos474a
December 20th, 2009, 05:32 PM
For couple of months I've been searching, if I could find .bin files of some tuned Chips for 403 DME, in the Internet. With no success.

I bought one Chip and got what I think that is possible to get with 30 euros. Not very much, but that much that I can Feel it in my ass dyno.
I have studied it in TunerPro and find that the changes to the Original.bin are so little that it gives a reason to believe that the tuning is so light that there must be more possibilities to do? Is there?

I opened this topic with hope to find others who has done the same observations and has perhaps got also a tuned Chip.
We can sure find some new solutions for our motors by changing the .bin files and giving that Know-How, that we have learned about our cars, for common use. Then tune our own Chips so far and so much that we want for our own cars and that way have the responsibility our selves, if there will be damage. Perhaps also find something new!

I know there will be those Bothers who think this is crazy. Let it be. This is one way to learn about the motors and when doing this reasonably, can lead to something we enjoy and have fun with!

Those who are with me, hands up!

Here is my tuned binary.

carlos474a
January 1st, 2010, 02:49 AM
This silence, when trying to share information without Paying Big Money, is similar to the other Forums.
Sad for you Folks. You like to break your engines couple of times with selfish stance and giving up then all, rather than discuss and hear other opinion?
I'm so novice in these forums, but beginning to learn how it works here.... :lol:

Fahrer
January 1st, 2010, 06:50 AM
Maybe this is because most of the folks in here are saabfreaks, busy tuning trionic?

carlos474a
January 1st, 2010, 11:17 AM
Yes, true, me too, but it is sooo easy, but expensive to make lot of power from Saab engine now. I have 2.0CS, former LPT now FPT and T7 magnetvalve, with so much HP:s that the clutch doesn't hold. Ofcourse all businessBoys find that the 240 mm flywheel is worth of its weihgt of cold :D
I'm happy of this T5Suite, it really rises Saab motors to a level that it has to be!
By the way, thanks tht you break the silence.

macadam
March 11th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Hello!

I also have a Saab and an early BMW (320i) with the DME 403.
I've replaced the stock ecu with a Civinco EMS and run my car on E85 with 350cc-injectors.

If you or anyone else would share info on how to interpret the ignition-values in the DME 403 I could share my own settings that I've found to be better than stock. I've mainly been running on E85 though but I could experiment a bit on regular gas (I'ev got a KnockBlock-device as well!).
Internet is full of info regaring the 320/325 DME 413 for the vanos-engines but the ignition values are not made the same way it seems.

On E85 I run 40degrees ignition advance on part load backing to 25(low rpm) -> 32 (high rpm) on full load @ lambda 0.85. This can be done since E85 doesn't knock and need alot of ignition advance unless real rich mixture and/or forced induction is used.

dmcl
July 9th, 2010, 07:10 PM
silly question but could you not remove the 403 and fit a 173? there are more files and bin definitions for 173.

revlimit
July 22nd, 2010, 06:46 PM
silly question but could you not remove the 403 and fit a 173? there are more files and bin definitions for 173.

totaly different design of the ECU, it won't even plug in. What a moronic questions, ha ha ha Moronic vs. Motronic, northern ireland wins it

nTranced
July 22nd, 2010, 10:24 PM
Do you ever make a post without flaming people? There's no need for it, He just didn't know any better and was asking a simple question about ecu comparability.

Lets try to work for a common goal of making an easy way to tune these ecu's instead of flaming each other. That's part of the reason why the BMW tuning scene in the USA is so lacking. Stop flaming and bitching about people's lack of knowledge in an forum where people are on to try to gain knowledge.

Let's face it. Mark D'Silva, Jim Conforti, nor Active Autowerke are EVER going to come out with a user tunable solution. They want you to fork out money on their "one chip fits all" solutions. I say the less flame more fame! Lets crack this people!

I work in teams designing simplified solutions for CDMA Cellular Phones. I have seen things accomplished by teams of coders in days that would have taken a single person years to figure out. Take this theory and apply it to motronic, who knows what possibilities await!

revlimit
July 24th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Let's face it. Mark D'Silva, Jim Conforti, nor Active Autowerke are EVER going to come out with a user tunable solution. They want you to fork out money on their "one chip fits all" solutions. I say the less flame more fame! Lets crack this people!

I work in teams designing simplified solutions for CDMA Cellular Phones. I have seen things accomplished by teams of coders in days that would have taken a single person years to figure out. Take this theory and apply it to motronic, who knows what possibilities await!

What are you talking about, you are using MY xdfs, that I created, and that I brought to comunity for free and now you are telling me "lets crack this people" Where have you been for the past 2 years, and what XDFs did you create?

nTranced
July 25th, 2010, 01:10 PM

What are you talking about, you are using MY xdfs, that I created, and that I brought to comunity for free and now you are telling me "lets crack this people" Where have you been for the past 2 years, and what XDFs did you create?

I am not using anyones xdf's at the moment. My ostrich is on loan to a friend so he can tune his honda. I just see all of this bs and flaming and just wish if someone had a lack of knowledge on something, instead of them EDUCATE THEM. Very few people in the world know how to tune with motronic so your knowledge is vital and I respect your contributions to the community. If everyone on this forum knew the same amount about motronic and pooled ideas imagine what could be possible. Thanks - Joel

MadMan
March 6th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Man... This tuning talk brings alot of heat on every forum I go on